The Merton Primary School
Fixed Term Contract until 28th August 2023
Contracted Hrs: 28.75 per week
Working Wks: Term Time Only + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £12,752 to £13,008 per annum
Start Date: 23rd August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Merton Primary School. The SEN Learning Support Assistant will mainly be required to work with an individual child with special educational needs to provide care and encouragement, supporting them to participate in planned learning activities and to support their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development. The post will initially be on a temporary basis until 28th August 2023 when it will be reviewed dependent on continued funding.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to provide support to pupils on a one to one basis to help them cope with the classroom environment.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be someone who identifies with our Trust and school values
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 qualified or equivalent experience
• Have the ability to provide the appropriate and professional support as required
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school to meet the Head Teacher, Matt Lee.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 4th July 2022
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 4th July 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance will be applied for and required for this position